Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Taste my religion

Tried out this religion quiz forwarded to me by my friend JT. It ranks you in accordance with where you fit in different Christian ideologies, based on a set of agree/disagree questions. It's sort of fascinating. For instance, you'll notice that Fundamentalist is lowest on my list, but I was raised Fundamentalist. I'm much more open-minded and liberal these days (a fact which causes my mother no end of grief). Anyway, give it a try, and let me know where you fall.

You scored as Emergent/Postmodern. You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern

86%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

68%

Modern Liberal

64%

Classical Liberal

61%

Neo orthodox

46%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

36%

Reformed Evangelical

29%

Roman Catholic

18%

Fundamentalist

14%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm post modern, too. Does this mean I need to go around dialoguing with people while we share meals and walk on the journey? Ha! That might just be a Journey joke, but it's funny to me anyway.

12:27 PM  
Blogger The Bagboy said...

If you were a book, it would mean you never formed a relevant through-line to your plot. If you were art, it would mean someone drug your rotting corpse to a warehouse space and tied you to the wall. But since we're talking religion? No idea.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who needs a through-line when I can have Brian McLaren on my blog? I'm so emergent!

*drinks coffee*
*switches to pretentious! beer*
*listens to waterdeep*
*switches to radiohead*

Ha! This won't stop being entirely amusing to me for some reason.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home