Thursday, July 27, 2006

Call to action

I want to write something. Anything. Something short, something long, something sweet, something mean, just something (except another installment in Mineola Missives - I don't really feel up to nostalgia). My only problem being...I can't think of a place to start. I've always wanted to write a lot more than I do, but I'm horrible at coming up with ideas and fleshing them out into plots. So that's where you few readers come in. Throw some ideas my way. They can be anything: essays, poetry, short stories, letters, whatever. I just need some ideas. You can put as many restrictions on it as you want (within reason; I'm not sure how easy it would be to write a 1000 word essay on why I like pudding...or would it?), and I'll do my best to fulfill them all. So help me out here folks, kickstart my creative flow!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Tell me about the first girl you had a crush on.

4:32 PM  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

maybe you're overthinking... why do you need someone to give you a plot point? You're a good conversationalist; I know you think of things... why don't you write THOSE things?

Just a thought...

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm... write a short story about a guy in a diner.

1:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write about what you know. If you don't know anything, you're doing something wrong. To know you must live, take risks, and get hurt. Comfort is your enemy, if you want to write something that's good.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoot, fool, you need to be a writin 'bout da plight of da black nation of America, ya hurh what I'm sayin', my brotah???

You been on my show, so I know you know that the Black Nation of America is in some world of serious hurt, fool. Do you need to hear Aishia's Education Commentary again?

Lemmie tell you somethin': the black people in America today, we gotta rise up—rise up, I'll tell ya, cause'n if'n we don't we's just gonna be thrown by the train tracks of life and be done be forgotten like a sasquatch sighting in the middle of the Nevada desert. Um hum, that's right.

It ain't all Puff Daddy and J-Z. The Black Nation of America gotta rise up.

Write 'bout that.

Shoot, negro. Aishia may have to start a freakin' pud cast.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home