Friday, July 01, 2005

Seeing is believing


Indian Paintbrush
Originally uploaded by The Bagboy.

I went to Ennis back in April with Erin and Nate to the bluebonnet festival. Nathan told me about it, and told me I had never seen bluebonnets like I would see at this thing. "Yeah, right," I thought. "I'm from Texas; I see bluebonnets all the time!" Boy, was I wrong. There were places where the fields were a solid blue for hundreds of feet (if you click on the picture, you can see an example or two). On top of that, I never realized that bluebonnets had any kind of pleasant scent. But when you step out into an entire field of them, it's mind-blowing how good they smell. Kind of like honeysuckles, but a bit sweeter. It was a great experience, and I might have to go back next year.

I wanted to post this picture for the simple reason that I'm not a visual artist. I can't paint, draw, sculpt, build origami monkeys; none of it. I can occasionally take a decent picture, but it's usually an accident. However, this one I planned, lined up, adjusted angles on...yada yada yada. And it turned out better than I could have ever imagined. So this is my one and only piece of artistic greatness. You may commence with the bowing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY nice.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*bows*

Preeeeeeety!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home