Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Musings

1) I finished Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince last night (after staying up until 2 AM two nights in a row). What a great read. It really is the perfect bridging story between the previous five books and the last one to come. So many big, big things happened, full of joy, heartbreak, and long-awaited answers. Hats off to Ms. Rowling.

2) I finally joined My Space yesterday (you can see the link over there in the sidebar). Nathan and Dinah have been telling me forever that I need to join, so I finally bowed to the peer pressure and signed up. I hear about people meeting random strangers on that thing all the time; I have at least two friends who met and went out with people from My Space. Of course, I don't believe it was to much success in either case, but still.

3) One day, when I am disgustingly wealthy, I am going to open an adults only movie theatre. Only those 21 and up will be allowed, and alcohol and appetizers will be available. Why the emphasis on the adult only theatre? I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Sunday with Nate and Dinah. We waited until 8:30 to go, hoping the kid factor would be reduced by the late hour. No such luck. First there was the family who brought a BABY to the movie. The kid started to cry, and the parents looked like they were going to take him out. Instead, they proceeded to pace back and forth in the front of the theatre, while the rest of their kids ran willy-nilly around the theatre, totally unsupervised. In addition, about 10 minutes into the movie, two women came in with about 6-7 little children between them. One of the women sat right next to Dinah (who sits right next to a stranger in an uncrowded theatre?), and held a little girl in her lap. The girl talked out loud during most of the movie. I realize they are children, and can't really be blamed for their rambunctious behavior. But the parents can CERTAINLY be blamed for their lack of control over the kids. Neither of these sets of parents made any significant effort to control their children. KICKED IN THE FACE!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I went to see the re-release of E.T., I had to LEAVE. I was so pissed. And when I went to see the 1st Star Wars, a lady with a 2-year old sat next to me. He was loud and fidgety, and when I calmly said "shhhhh"- she whipped around to me and said "He's 2 years old. You can't expect a 2-year old to sit still for a 3-hour movie." I said "No, you can't." and moved seats. WHY is that OK? Grrrrrr.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who the freak is Dinah? Do I know her?

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1) HBP--I heard I accidentally spoiled you. Eeep! I'm SO sorry. . .I did try to be careful. *hides* It WAS excellent, though. I loved it so so much.

2)My Space is confusing to me. I did some tinkering over there a couple of days ago, and I still just don't really get it. *shrugs*

3)WORD!!!!! Special-T and I have been talking about this for YEARS. Why doesn't it already exist? Why?

2:45 PM  
Blogger The Bagboy said...

Not to worry on the spoilage. It's my own damn fault for reading ANY blog post that mentioned HBP. It really didn't ruin it for me any, and I was only about 5 pages from the spoiler event anyway. No need to hide.

As to the movie thing? No idea. I'm sure if anyone actually tried it, there'd be an uproar from family groups. Which, again...kicked in the head.

And no JT, I don't think you've met Dinah. She's the coolest. You're missing out.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Keymaster said...

I'd like to take this time to point out that I'm the one who introduced MySpace to Dinah...and Eric.
That happens so rarely :)

3:33 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I feel that if theaters are going to sell tickets to R rated movies to adults with children, some sort of sleep inducing medication should have to be administered. A little Benadryl never hurt anyone.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home