Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Dripping with VD excitement!

I'm not one of those people who gets all bitter and down on Valentine's Day. In fact, if it weren't for the decorations here at work or the fact that it's on TV every two seconds, I'd probably forget completely what today is. But for fun, and as a sort of "Valentine's gift" for you, my faithful readers, I've put together two Valentine's playlists, one for the lovers and one for the haters. Below you will find links to download the playlists (click on the playlist title), as well as the recommended listening order. You don't HAVE to listen to them in this order, but it's the order I put them in when I built them. On a broadband connection, the playlists take around a minute or so to download.

VD Lovers
1) Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! - Is This Love?
2) Belle and Sebastian - Step Into My Office, Baby
3) Snow Patrol - Chocolate
4) My Morning Jacket - Just One Thing
5) The Arcade Fire - Crown of Love
6) Sia - Breathe Me
7) Nick Drake - Fly
8) U2 - With Or Without You
9) Patty Griffin - Don't Come Easy
10) Daft Punk - Make Love

VD Haters
1) The Streets - Fit But You Know It.
2) The Postal Service - Nothing Better
3) Massive Attack - Angel
4) Fiona Apple - Not About Love
5) Keane - We Might as Well Be Strangers
6) Interpol - public pervert
7) Sarah McLachlan - Possession
8) Nine Inch Nails - Closer
9) She Wants Revenge - Tear You Apart
10) The Decemberists - We Both Go Down Together

If you try to download a list and it tells you the downloads are no longer available, please email me at bagboy(at)hotmail.com. I'll refresh the link and place a comment when it's available again. And FYI, I haven't forgotten about the Mineola Missives series. I'm working myself up to it.

Happy Valentine's Day, chumps!

13 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Normally, I am like you. It barely registers with me. It is just a different Reese's (Holiday) Egg shape. Yes. That is how I chart holidays - by what shape the special Reese's cups are.

2:12 PM  
Blogger The Bagboy said...

You know, I thought I was the only one who did that. I LOVE the holiday Reese's cups!

3:54 PM  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

and peeps!

11:55 PM  
Blogger The Bagboy said...

Peeps are how I track when Evil has taken over a holiday. I'm just waiting for the Peep Trees, and Evil's stronghold will be complete.

10:41 AM  
Blogger hello jamie: said...

you mean like this??

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This rules! I'm totally taking BOTH lists!

3:16 PM  
Blogger The Bagboy said...

Jamie, I actually meant for Arbor Day, but I guess those will do. So that's it. All holidays are now officially owned by Evil, a subsidiary of Satan Enterprises, Ltd.

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Mineola posts. I graduated there too -- class of '93. Look forward to the new ones.

5:33 PM  
Blogger The Bagboy said...

You graduated from Mineola? Do I know you?

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared, friend of Layne's.

3:17 PM  
Blogger linz said...

Genius playlists!

9:24 PM  
Blogger LukeMiller said...

was very worried that you were referring to the old school use of VD (now STD). thank you for not.

1:04 PM  
Blogger The Bagboy said...

Thanks Linz!

Yeah, sj, wordplay is fun. Especially when it involves disfiguring and deadly diseases.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home