Tuesday, September 14, 2004

A conversation I don't want to have.

Went to visit the 'rents this weekend. Whilst there, my mother asked "Are you planning on voting this year?" To which I replied, honestly, that I hadn't decided yet. It's out in the open now--I no longer like GWB. She reacted a lot more calmly than I anticipated. I figured, given her increasingly ultra-conservative standpoint, that she might tell me I was sinning somehow by not voting for Bush (and I'm not joking about that). Fortunately, she seemed to accept it on its own merit. Though I could tell she was definitely NOT happy. What surprised me even more, though, was the fact that my dad actually agreed with me on a few things. Even when I was talking about how I disagreed with some of my sister's parenting choices.

Now I know the fact that I despise children should disqualify me from even having an opinion on the matter. But they are my nephews, and probably the closest I'll come for a loooong time to having kids of my own. So I do disagree with some of what she does, but I respect her decisions because, after all, she IS their mother. And all in all, they're really great kids with really loving and attentive parents. I don't mean to imply otherwise.

All that to say, all my studious efforts to avoid any subject even remotely related to politics around my parents were swept, quite cleanly, aside. And the results weren't nearly as bad as I anticipated.

Anyway, enough of that. I'm bored out of my skull at work. Which in and of itself isn't that bad, since I'm writing this from work. But since I'm broke all the time too, it's leading me to have somewhat of a laissez faire attitude about my responsibilities around here. Oh well, I guess it gives me more time to ramble on this thing.

Oh, Hurricane Ivan? Hurry the frig up and do something. I'm so tired of hearing about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home